Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Treadmill 2

Hello, hello! Sorry I missed you all yesterday. I was so busy I honestly did not have a minute to breathe. I kept busy right up until 11:30 and then zonked off to bed. The alarm this morning came way too soon. Oh how I love to sleep!!

I have an update on my workout situation. As you know, I have struggled terribly with getting on the treadmill. But I have pushed myself to the limit on this because I know how important it is. We had a heatwave this weekend - 39 degrees- so I opened up my garage doors and hopped on my treadmill. It was wonderful!! First time in a long while that I have actually enjoyed being on there. I alternated between running and walking. Tough business, but if those folks on the Biggest Loser haven't broken their legs off at the ankles by now then I won't either! I kept thinking that because I am basically shaped like a big fat pear my legs would surely break under the weight of it all if I tried to run. Hahahaha. But I did run and they didn't break!

Running on the treadmill is a unique experience all in itself. First of all, I can't run fast unless I have some good music with a beat. For me, that includes rap music. The lyrics to rap music can be quite interesting, to say the least. As I'm running, for example, I'm forced to consider the question "Is that yo a** or's your momma 1/2 reindeer?" I mean, who THINKS like this???

And while we're at it, let me just define "fast" here. Fast for me right now is 4.2. Slow by most people's standards. But I can't go any faster yet. I will eventually. But even when I get there I know that the highest number will be 6.0. I have a friend who runs like 7.5 on the treadmill. I wanted to know what it felt like, so one time I tried to increase my treadmill to that speed. All I kept thinking was that in about 2 seconds I was going to fly off the back of the treadmill and smash into the wall like a bug! Toooo fast. I need a slower pace than that if I want to live! :)

In any event, Sunday, the day of rest, I really needed the rest because my leg muscles ached! Who knew that you use such different muscles when you run? And you want to hear something really wierd? Having sore muscles feels kinda good. No idea why. None at all. But it does. So I repeated the treadmill work yesterday and again today. My thighs hurt. HURT!! And I guess I don't really mind. Ibuprofen can be a very good friend. And my bod' is going to be all the better for it!

Alrighty then. I'm off to do a bunch a errands. ONE of them is getting a whatchamacallit for my Wii so I can go snowboarding tonight. I'll let you know how that goes . . . . hahaha. God love ya. And if you get a chance: Hebrews 12:1. It's all good.

1 comment:

  1. You seem to like the Bible. Try this one -
    Hebrews 12: 11-13

    ReplyDelete