Monday, February 23, 2009

Thunder Thighs


Mondays come around faster than any day of the week. Maybe it's a different day for you. But it seems like every time I turn around it's Monday again. And today was no exception. So I headed in to my 'Weight Loss Challenge' meeting at dinner time. I was down another 2+ pounds (which I won't report because it's different than my home scale). Not too shabby. But the real surprise was the inches. I lost a total of 5 inches from the various parts of my body this week. Except the thighs. Chest, bust, waist, hips, and upper arms. Not thighs. *!#@*!#@$&!

I am sure you can figure out that none of these numbers are small. They didn't start small, and they aren't small now. They will be soon enough - a few months to go for that. But right now, my thighs have the circumference of a small child. Well, okay. Maybe not a small child. And maybe not the measure of the big pink lady here. lol. But for sure they're as big as a couple of large watermelons. And I have to simply add here (sorry guys) that there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, more irritating than thighs that touch and/or rub together when you walk. I can't take it!!! There's so much friction I'm surprised my pants don't ignite! It's just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

And while we're on the subject of thighs, can I also say that women really get the raw end of the genetic deal on this? I know the whole theory behind the need for wider hips and child bearing and all of that blah, blah, blah. But the way that weight goes on and comes off of a woman's body is just flat out unfair!!!! Why is it that when you gain weight it goes to the hips and thighs first and then to the upper body, but on the way down it's the opposite? I mean, why can't our thighs follow the normal rules of inventory? First in, first out. Everything else works that way. Everything. But noooooo, not thighs.

Well okay fine, then. I'll just deal with it. However, if any of you are aware of a way, short of liposuction, to get a little jump start on the helium balloon that makes up my thighs and butt, be sure an drop me a note. Otherwise I'll just keep counting calories and skating and getting on the treadmill. It's working for me, and that's what's most important. Right? Right.

Ok so until tomorrow, God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment