Friday, January 2, 2009

In the Beginning - 224.5

Today is the first day of what will very likely be a LONG journey. I have a lot of weight to lose, but I am finally ready to get rid of it.

I start the journey at a whopping 224.5. Ridiculous!!! I can't function in this body. It's not a body I recognize. It has to go.

Today I started a colon cleanse. I am looking forward to it because I believe that the junk in my colon contributes to my fatigue, my pimpled skin, my cravings for sugar and my irritability. I am using Dr. Natura's Colonix. The website has pages and pages (54 to be exact) of testimonials from people who have tried this cleanse. http://www.drnatura.com. I tried it a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty effective, so I am going to try it again. I'll keep you tabbed about how this is going.

Tomorrow I start an exercise routine. I don't have a specific plan yet, other than to walk everyday. So again, I'll update the plan as I go.

That's what I know right now. When I know more, you'll know more. God bless you today.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Laze! We got the girls Micky D's today and didn't get ourselves anything. Chalk up the victories wherever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know where that swim suit is girlie girl?
    In the closet, drawers on the left. bottom drawer. Two or three cute ones actually. Now I expect a comment on the swimming tomorow. It will help those upper arms ugggg and give you a variety in your work out. As for me, an utter failure but "the sun will come out tomorrow.blahh blah blah......"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunger takes over late in the day sometimes. Plan ahead. I try V8 juice. Ity gives me quite a lift. I know - salt. Who cares. One thing at a time I figure. Especially when I haven't had a lot of veggies! ug ug ug. Except tomataoes, radishes, corn, green beans and thats all my favs. I love the daily Saints, Can we go back a day of two? Say..... I read something interesting. Sounds true. Don't substitute things that have equal and all sugar substitutes in them. They keep your taste and desire for sweets there. It said junk all artifical sweet things and of course THE REAL THINGS! Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news! The snow that is coming your way(thank God not here) will be one thing that won't go on your hips.
    Underline 'won't go on your hips' for me.
    I don't do HTML.
    I hope you feel good about your success. I bet the zipper is working a little better. Don't pay any attention to the little voice in your head that wants you to take the easy way out. If the hips and the knees cry ouch! do try swiming for a few days. There are water weights in the closet down the hall on the upper shelf. A good workout in the water will eliminate the pressure on your joints and give a little relief but it still burns the calories.Give the old knees a rest if you need. Or watch Dr. Phil while you walk. That would have to lift your spirits. Remember Joe did it also. And his body was aching all over. And people would say "boy you look great I sure envy you" ENVY! It was hard work. But he is reaping the benefits. So will you.
    Love, Woody's mom.

    ReplyDelete