Saturday, January 10, 2009

218.5

Three days in a row at the same weight. Not thrilling. A little disappointing even. But I'm not gaining, so these numbers are still good news. And I know it's not from not eating enough. I know that sounds funny, but it has been shown over and over that you have to eat if you want to lose weight. Especially if you want it to stay off. Starvation just makes your body do everything possible to hang onto fat -- it doesn't like being skinny. Isn't that funny? We don't want to be fat and our bodies don't want to be skinny. :>)

Anyway, I'm fine with the numbers. I am sure that most of what came off initially was water. It takes 48 hours for a water loss in the body to pull from the fat. Then it starts over again. It's all good.

My exercise today was phenomenal! I got on the treadmill for 50 minutes. It felt a little long, but I have set a goal to walk 50 minutes each day for the next week, then add 10-20 minutes of a different activity to make it interesting. I'll bump it up again for week three. In the meantime, I did good. Had more energy today and walked at 3.3 mph. After that, TA DA: swimming pool! Yes, I donned a lovely brown 2x swimming suit with little sparkles and hobbled into the pool. And guess what? I LOVED it!!! I really did.

Here's the thing though: when you have a high fat content in your body, you float. Well I'm here to tell you that I have never, ever experienced "floating" like I did today. I mean, it took me a full 2 laps to figure out how to keep my butt under the water so I could kick properly. It was ridiculous! It felt like I put two balloons in my swimming suit bottom. And we're not ever going to discuss my upper arms! Hahaha.

In spite of my floating struggles, I swam 14 laps and didn't really want to get out, so I jogged for about 10 minutes back and forth in the shallow end. I actually worked up a bit of a sweat. How weird is that? The thing is, it really works the muscles, so it hurt. I mean, it hurt! Still, I would do it again. I am genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. So I will definitely be heading back again.

So. That's my story today. I hope yours is as . . . entertaining. Ha! Until tomorrow, God bless you real good.

3 comments:

  1. That swimming story is crazy! I loved it. I was looking at a few of the sites you have mentioned. Pretty intersting. Your commitment is wonderful. The sites are inspiring. And I am pretty proud of you. That pool looks familiar! It finally is put to good use! How decadent to swim, all by tourself, with a little music, floating, swimming, resting looking at the snow outside while you work out and then 10 minutes in the hot tub to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You GO, girl! You are so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete