Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Sad, Sad Day


Yes it is. A sad day indeed. I gained a pound. I'm back at 206. Sooooo sad. And soooo irritating. And I really want to gripe and complain to you. I really, really want to do that. But that long bony pointer finger keeps turning itself back around toward me. I have no one to blame but myself for this and I want to SCREAM!! And stamp, stamp, stamp my feet. And have a complete and utter tantrum. Ughhhh!!! I know I have to go to the gym. I know what I have to do. I know, I know, I know. Ughhhh!!!

You know what though? Other than the gym thing, I don't deserve this. Not at all. It's not like I've been stuffing my face with all sorts of goodies. Well wait. I have. But "goodies" might not mean the same thing to me that they do to you. For example, the grilled cheese right there? 150 calories. VERY tasty. Whole grain bread @ 80 a slice, fat free cheese slices (american and swiss) at 30 each, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray @ 25. Dreamy, actually. My kind of "goodies" these days. I have a couple of them.

Protein shakes are another. All different flavors. They're fantastic. It's just insane that they could possibly be so healthy!! But they are. And I'm so LUCKY for that. I make one using vanilla shake mix with extra protein powder (also vanilla), add a capful of rootbeer extract, water and ice. Blend. It tastes exactly like a rootbeer float. 200 calories. 24 grams of protein. Sometimes I add a capful of almond flavoring. Tastes like a big sugar cookie. And then there's the chocolate-banana, or chocolate-cherry. They're all about the same in calories and protein. It's like going to the Dairy Queen every single day! I make them with Herbalife products, and I can tell you with all certainty it's worthy every dime I spend.

I don't spend a lot of time talking about food. I don't think it's good for anyone. Tends to make us ALL hungry. Also, it bugged the bajeebers out of me when I read a dieter's blog that said she "cheated" by eating Puppy Chow, and then proceeded to provide a link for the recipe. I mean, helloooo???? Thanks for push lady! You might as well put a donut in my hand and say "I ate one. You can too." Dumb. And I want to avoid doing that to you. But if I can give you some healthy alternatives, then I will. So be honest . . . doesn't that grilled cheese look mighty good? Yea.

Okay. So tomorrow is the start of another week. I had hoped to be at 204.5 by February 28 - which would have put me at about a 10 pound loss per month. But I missed it. Humbling, to say the least. I had wanted to get to one-derland by the second week of March. That's seems too aggressive now, I know. Over 6 pounds - 3 pounds a weeks. But I can set the goal and do what I can to hit it. That means the gym. So my goal is two FULL weeks of working out. That's cardio every day plus extras. It's the only way. And I can do this. I can. I can. I can. I've done it before and I can keep on doing it. I can. And I will. And I will keep you posted.

Lord, I pray today for strength and perseverance. Keep me strong on my journey, and help me get skinny quick! I pray too, for anyone on the journey with me, that they have strength and perserverance. And for everyone else, I pray for whatever intention is in their hearts. God Bless and goodnight, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment