Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane


I'm not talking about reminiscing. No, no, no. I mean I literally tripped down memory lane. I completely forgot to give you the other part of my weight loss news when I reported that I had hit 186.6. DUH!!!!

Okay, so here it is: not only did I hit that beautiful number (which I have stayed at, by the way), but when I went to my weight loss challenge I was down another 2 1/4 inches. Since the middle of January, that brings the inches I have lost to a grand total of 38! Thirty eight. THIRTY 8! Off of my chest, stomach, hips, thighs and upper arms. Incredible. That's the circumference of another whole person! Oh my goodness. Yay me!!!!!!

I used to think that I could set all sorts of goals for my weight loss. You know - 10 pounds in a month, or 2 or 3 pounds in a week. As I continue my journey today, my goal is 1 pound. That's what I want to see on the scale when I get on -- that I've lost one pound. I don't look for 2 or 3 or 5. I look for just that single one. Oh yea, I definitely want to lose a specific number of "ones" over a period of time. I want to lose another 40 pounds. But my GOAL is to lose one. And then another one. And then another one. Until I reach a number I am comfortable with.

I know that it's a better idea to focus on measurements, but I can say with 100% certainty that my measurements won't be anything to write about until my scale numbers are lower. That's just how I'm built. Some people fit into a size 14 at 185 pounds. I'm in a 16. I won't be in a 12 until I'm at least 163-64. A little depressing, but c'est la vie. It is what it is. And I can deal with that. I knew that when I started. Okay well I forgot that fact for a minute, but my struggle with those doggone 18's was a quick reminder.

So tomorrow is another day. Another beginning. Another chance to drop a pound. And I'm up for the challenge. I'm in the groove. I've got my mind made up. Vroom, vroooommm! :)

So there's the other piece. Sorry about the brain fade. My body parts take turns experiencing fatigue. lol. I'm off to bed. The three hour Biggest Loser finale was exhausting. :) God bless you all. Sleep tight.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Thos inches lost are quite impressive and represents a lot of hard work. AND another person - say a 10 year old kid! or even a huge dog!

    What I find interesting is it seems to me that the scale is losing it's grip on you. It's still schakled to you - but it has a little competition now from inches and sizes. I doubt if you will ever let it go. The scale I mean. People that do let go are peole are the very same people who say "I don't know WHAT I weigh." Which is just another way of saying I don't care if I get fat again. But I sense a concerted effort from you to not let it dominate you. I hope so anyway. The jean size and measurments are good alternitives.

    Besides, YOU know,
    you are not what you eat or look like in a mirror. Many thin people can't look in the mirror each day and like what they see. You need to like yourself. And lately I think you do!
    So do we!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I chime in here? Have you folks seen the latest People mag with Kirstie Alley and her "Don't Let This happen To You" photo op?

    Lets take a lesson here. It is not just about losing weight!
    It is what will work for you after to
    KEEP IT OFF!!!

    Are you ready to go easy on the carbs?
    Stay away from refined sugar?
    Exercise as much as you do now?
    Not eat late at night?
    Always be prepared?
    Not just YOU Ms. Blogger -
    THIS IS INTENDED FOR ALL OF US!
    This is not a game.
    For some of us it can be a matter of
    life or death -
    sometimes our marriage
    diabetes
    heart disease
    colon cancer
    breast cancer
    mental health

    I have learned a lot from you Ms. Blogger.
    There are highs and lows to weight loss.
    There are disapointments and celebrations.
    There are set backs and great strides forward.
    But you have always gotten back yourself back together. You have laughed at yourself.You have cried and we have cried with you. You have helped many others and motivated us when WE are frustrated. we want you to do this and not end up like Kirstie Alley.

    This is life changing for all of us. Thank you for helping us along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take it she gained it all back!!

    Thanks! That was the kick in the butt i needed.

    ReplyDelete