Monday, May 18, 2009

Falling Down the Rabbit Hole

That's the story for this week. You lose, you gain, you lose again. So, so, ridiculous. One little cake donut and my sugar levels go completely berserk! More sugar. More insanity. This weekend my body waged a full-out mutiny against anything healthy. I managed to get through part of Saturday pretty well, but then pretty much gave in to whatever junk food was around. And if you have been following my blog, you know that this isn't like me at all! My big splurges are too many Multigrain cheerios, or almonds, or maybe a little extra peanut butter on my rice cakes. But sugar, sugar, and more sugar -- that hasn't happened to me since last December.

The end result, of course, was a weight gain. My weight popped back up to 189.2 on Sunday morning!!! I was so ticked and disappointed in myself. I did what I could as far as damage control on Sunday, but was dealing with body-rebellion at every level. No exercise on Friday, Saturday OR Sunday. So I controlled my caloric intake and tried not to be too hard on myself over the mess-up

Obviously I couldn't let it the number go . . . so it was back on the scale bright and early this morning. And God is good. I had a better day today. I was back down. Not to 186.6, where I had been safely resting for the last week. But it was down. I was at 187.2. I'm 1/2 pound away from where I was last week, but I'm also completely back on track again today. I walked a LOT today - about 4 miles this morning and another 3 throughout the day. And my calories were at 1,196. I'm okay with that. I'll see how it looks tomorrow on the scale -- because we all know I'm not going to be able to stay off of that sucker :)

So I may have fallen down the rabbit hole with Alice over the weekend, but today I feel like I am in a much better place. Back on track, ready to go. Ready to shed another layer of fat. Yes, I am. It's gotta go. I won't stop until it does. One pound at a time. So there.

Sleep well my friends. I'm back at it tomorrow, and I'll report how it goes. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. facing up to an almost disaster takes a lot of courage. any PhD will tell you admiting your problems is 1/2 the battle. So congrats on that side of the coin. Why not stock pile some goods that weigh what you have lost - just for a little visualization. See if that helps. I think you might be looking at what you have to do. Possibly not realizing what you have done. If you are a cook, try sugar or flour. Even dog food if you can use it or kitty litter (for a tiger size cat i suppose)or worse case - sand. You can always use the sugar etc, it won't go stale. 40 pounds (is that what it is?) of dry goods will amaze you. You will see what an incredible job you have done. then try to lift it all at once. I think you will feel prett darn impressed with yourself. Rightfully so. And you will probably wonder why you have not had a heart attack dragging that weight around for - how long? Get going . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon is so right! Let's see 40 lbs. That's what a bag of fertilizer weighs. Now take the metaphor and RUN with it, or at least a hearty walk! Imagine how hard it would be to go on one of your power walks carrying a bag of fertilizer...

    ReplyDelete