Thursday, May 21, 2009

185


I am averaging -- when I'm really on, anyway -- a 2 pound loss per week. Not as much as I'd like, but at least its coming off. If there is one single most important lesson I have learned from watching The Biggest Loser its this: you CAN'T control how much weight you body is going to shed from day to day, week to week. What you CAN control is what you put in your mouth and what your level of physical activity will be. If your calories are less than the amount of energy you've expended, the weight will come off. Absolutely. It's simply a matter of time. However, other factors affect weight loss, and can preclude any large and/or consistent losses. Stress, body cycles, hormones . . . there are lots of extras out there.

So each time I get on the scale I hope I'll see some big, huge, sudden dip. But it never comes. It comes in 1/10's! Oh well. Down, down baby. Down, down. And at the rate I am going, I will see 140 in approximately 21 weeks. That puts me at about mid-October. Waaaaayyyyyy far away. I can't stand the thought of it. But I don't have a choice, so I will just have to deal with that, and hope for the best.

In the meantime, I will keep walking and working out. And as I come into the beginning of summer, I am thrilled to see the fruit stands starting to pop up around town. Fresh fruit and veggies - I LOVE it! And right now I fill small baggies with fruit or with veggies and an individual-sized dip and keep them in my fridge for spontaneous eating. Perfect. 150 calories for the veggies and dip and 75 for the fruit. It's handy and easy and keeps me from reaching for something less healthy. You should try it. . . . I promise you will love it.

Busy weekend ahead with lots of company but I am really looking forward to it. Gets lonely in God's country in the winter months. Now all I have to do is avoid the usual picnic foods and stay with my better alternatives. I'll let you know how that goes! God knows I love a good hot dog, and the grilling and campfire season create all-new temptations. :)

So I'm off to bed. Fighting off a sore throat so I'm extra tired tonight. Hope I can sleep. Zzzzzz.....

No comments:

Post a Comment