Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shake It Up Baby


I need it. A shake up, I mean. I am in a slump. I feel like I could use a jump-start or a jolt or something. Oh sure, I'm plugging along. My weight is stuck at 186.6. It's been there for days. Someone told me to try and cut back on carbs and focus more on other items, but I haven't had the gumption to get into that yet. Gumption. (What a funny word. I like it though.)

Anyway, my morning walking partner is in NY (lucky, lucky), so I've been slacking all week. I got in a great workout on Wednesday. Rigorous. Outside. Up and down hills, running and walking combined. Reeaaaallllly good. And that was the end of it. Other than cleaning out every single closet in my household -a huge task all in itself - I didn't get out and exercise. I got a lot done, no question, but not enough physical activity. No cardio for two days in a row. And I have NO motivation to get out there today, either. It's cold and windy and I don't relish the thought of it. To add insult to injury, my treadmill went kaput. Just died, or shorted, or quit or something. So odd. Same thing happened to my bro this week.

Anyway, it's not looking too good. I need something. Like Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper from the Biggest Loser. That'd would be awesome!!! I do want to try the Jillian Michaels workout. I heard it is great. I just don't know that I would actually do it once I had it here. Boo! But the saving grace is that my mom and sis are coming tomorrow. AND my friend comes back. She's a lot like my sister. A bit of a drill sargent. So I can get back on the horse on Monday. In the meantime, I just have to avoid those cake donuts on top of my fridge. lol. They look mighty good! And I really haven't craved sweet junk like that for a long time. So I'm a little surprised by this. Hmmm....

Alright, so I am going to hang out and read today. One of my favorite little hobbies. That or I'm going to head into town, hit confession and have a fresh new perspective tomorrow. Ahhh, motivation and vigor! Where hast thou gone? :) I'll be back tomorrow or Monday! Have a spectacular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment