Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ow -wow- ow


Hello, hello, hello! I know I've been MIA, and I'm sorry about that. There are not enough hours in the day lately to fit in everything I want to do. I'm up by 6:20 every morning and basically FALL into bed at night. Then it's deep REM - at least until I have to get up and go to the bathroom, anyway. Haha!

My exercise has become an ESSENTIAL element in my day, but I have worked so doggone hard with other stuff this week, my muscles are dead tonight. I could hardly walk by the end of the day today. Not kidding. Hardly walk. I planted flowers yesterday and cleaned out all of my gardens. I think I did no short of 1,000 squats, and I am here to tell you that my hamstrings and glutes are killing me. Seriously. Killing me. The day before I cleaned my garage and my yard. And on top of these massive tasks, I walked my usual 4-6 miles. Yea. Dead.

Unfortunately for me, I had a horrible, horrible food weekend. That would be what I call the "graduation fare." Nothing low-cal but fruit and/or veggies. The rest is yummy, but fattening. And then I went out to dinner on Sunday night and drank wine. A bunch. So by Monday morning my weight had popped back up to 185. A complete waste of two weeks of hard work.

So I tried to get my eating back on track right away on Monday. I am finding that as my weight drops, the struggle to stay under my daily calorie budget is tougher. My daily budget is 27 x my current weight. That's what I can eat in calories if I want to lose 2 pounds a week. So right now I'm at about 1200 - which is of course what I have been eating since the beginning. So why is it harder than it was the first 6 months? I don't know. I don't have an answer. I seem to be hungry MUCH more than I was in those first months. I'm sure it's partly because I am more active, but that doesn't seem to be enough of a reason. So if someone out there understands this, let me know.

In the meantime, I am going to keep plugging away at it. Fight the good fight. And this morning I had dropped to 183.8 again. Not 181.8, but not 185 either. So yay me! Progress is progress. Even if it means coming out of a backslide.

So that's my scoop today. Not the most fabulous update, but not the worst either. I'll take it. I can handle it. :) So I am off to bed now. Hungry, but not planning any late night binge. Gotta stay the course. You all too. God love y'all. Cuz I know I do! I promise I'll be back soon! Saaamooooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment