Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Tools in My Tool Box

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Whoop-di-doo! I am absolutely thrilled to be out of "twoderville" and into "one-derland." Of course it's never as fast as I'd like it to be, but I am super happy. That's 1/2 pound shy of 15 pounds I have lost since I joined Jenny Craig in March. Yay me!!!!

I remember joining Nutrisystems about 6 or 7 years ago. The meals were shipped to me, and it just felt weird. On top of that, the meals were just mediocre, not great. The food at Jenny Craig is no short of outstanding. Oh sure, there are a couple of meals I haven't cared for, but as a rule I have loved all of it. And the snacks are fantastic. Little cakes, cheddar cheese popcorn, s'mores bars. . . good stuff.

I have considered what will happen when I switch to "real" food. But the truth is, I know what to do. I know what to avoid. I just don't always do that. Nor do I ever seem to want to. But I am learning. I eat out plenty, and have to choose what keeps me close to my calorie intake limit. I eat subway and salads and soups. I avoid heavy carbs like pasta and bread, as well as high fat foods like cheese and deep fried food. I HAVE the tools the make it all work, I just don't always take them out of my big fat tool box. I need to make that a priority and a habit, and stay on it. I have to CHOOSE. Every snack or meal is a choice. I choose the food, and I choose the portion size. My "tools" include my knowledge of the foods and my knowledge of what works for me. I know, for example, I eat at night. I prefer that to eating breakfast. At this point I do both, but my evening food has become the superb JC snack cakes (chocolate, strawberry or lemon).

So, this week I will continue to you choose what is best for success, and continue to pray for the will power, determination and drive to make those good choices. And today, I pray the same for you -- whether that's about food or other matters.

Have a marvelous week folks! Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment