Monday, April 4, 2011

My Roller Coaster Ride


That's my life. A giant roller coaster. It's up and then down and then up and then down. And sometimes I throw up.

My weigh-in with JC was excellent on Friday. I was down 4.5 pounds. I had a great weekend. I ate well and got in some exercise. And today, my weight was up a pound. But with all of these different numbers and weigh-ins my mind is swimming. I know I brought the confusion to my own doorstep, but that isn't any consolation. Here's what happened: I weighed myself at home two weeks ago. That was the first number. Three days later I weighed in with Jenny. I had on jeans and a sweatshirt. Full, heavy clothes. Another number. Friday I wore sweat pants. Light clothing at JC -- and the scale showed a decline in my weight and my clothes. At home on Friday, I was also down another pound. The scale showed 207.4.

I have no explanation for the rise this morning, except that I had some bread when I went out for dinner and a play last night. I guess I also had a little too much chicken or something. It doesn't really matter. The point is, I have several different numbers going every which way at the same time. I need some consistency. Plus, I am tired of that little machine wreaking havoc on my emotions. So here's my plan. I had one of my children take my scale. I will get on it again next Monday. This is the number I will use to track my weight loss from week to week. I would use the JC number, but theirs is about 3 pounds higher, and who needs that???? Notta me. So no, forget that. Mondays will be my weigh in day. This is really a news flash folks. I am a SCALE JUNKIE, as you well know. It's as addictive as any drug. I am pretty sure I will even go through horrible withdrawals. So I hope I can stick to my guns.

And while I'm off the scale, I hope to kick start my body again. As usual, it is clinging desperately to the poundage I have accumulated. But one thing I know for certain: it cannot and will not hold on to it for good. I will win. It WILL come off if I continue to eat 1200 calories a day. And I will.

So that's my lovely story for today. I am staying positive. And I just keep saying my prayers, asking for help staying motivated and to help speed my results. As always, I will keep you posted on how we go. God Bless you all real good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment