Sunday, March 14, 2010

Too Busy To Breathe

eSometimes I find myself with absolutely nothing to do. Bliss. It's bliss, really. Being able to go about your day as you choose, doing either nothing or going like gangbusters.

Well, I have been going like gangbusters for a week straight. So busy. And of course that translates into an excuse to eat poorly.

I was on retreat last week with all of the women in my family. Fabulously uplifting. Too bad it also means 12 women who like their food & wine. Add to that a full schedule, which means no exercise, and you end up with a ZERO weight loss week. Yep.

My weekend wasn't a whole lot better in terms of staying on track. Went to a work training all day yesterday. Didn't have lunch so I was starving by the end of the day. I managed to order a cobb salad at the restaurant for dinner (yum!), but couldn't resist a little taste of the onion rings that someone ordered as an appetizer. Boooo!

Today was off the to races again, and I didn't fit any exercise in again. I didn't get on the scale this morning, and I don't plan to tomorrow. I am afraid I'll be too depressed at the numbers. I work, work, work and seem to sabotage my efforts at the first sign of temptation.

On the other hand, I have put in a pretty sold few weeks of training and change of dietary habits. And again, the pants are baggy. So I feel like I just have to get back on the horse tomorrow morning and keep on going with what I've been doing.

Our trainer can't meet with us tomorrow, so we're going to start out with a nice hour-long walk at 8:30. Then I can maybe get in a little something at the gym too. We'll see. I'd prefer to skate, but the ice came out last week and I'm not sure there IS any. I plan to check after my walk. It's such a great workout, keeps my heart rate at a fat-burning level for a good 1/2 to an hour. I love it. And they'll take out the ice for a month or longer starting in mid-April, so I have to get it while I can.

Well I wanted to check in. I know it's been a while and I wanted you to know that I'm still here and still working at this. I AM going to win this battle. I refuse to let it beat me. I refuse to be a chubba chubba for the rest of my life. No way.

And with that little self-motivating spiel, I am off to bed. Sleep well and peacefully my friends. And I'll be back a little later in the week to give you my weight numbers . . . . (sigh). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment