Monday, February 1, 2010

Back from the Dead


That's what it feels like, anyway.

It's been a long, hard 6 months. My busy summer and unusual schedule of traveling and activity put choices on my shoulders that even the prior 6 months of diet and exercise didn't prepare me to handle. And is seems once the momentum was lost, so was I and so was the battle.

I have tried to start again, over and over. I have been back to the "grind" of it every Monday since September. But I couldn't seem to get back into it. The comments from my last post were a big help, and actually right on. But I still couldn't manage to find the "groove."

So. Here I am. Back at it again. One of my followers started a similar blog recently. That motivated me. But . . . the REAL motivation is some traveling I have to do again in the spring. I have a wedding and a birthday party. I don't want to be a pudge-mo when I go. I don't. So I am back to the grind people. Back to the grind.

Today I went to the rink to skate. I have done that a few times in the last couple of weeks. I just need to make a habit of it. So there I was, skating along, burning those calories. Then we decided to change direction. I tried to stop too fast. Now let me just jog your memory here and remind you that I am Dorothy Hamel. :) OH!!! And I traded in my figure skates with a toe pick for hockey skates with no visible means of braking power. I love the skates. Really. No more blisters. But when I tried to stop and turn today, I spun in a circle. The next thing I knew: WHAM! The sound of my cheek smacking the ice. Wow. It really, really hurt. And now I have the most beautiful shiner you've ever seen on a woman. I honestly think I rearranged my teeth I hit so hard. Lots of ibuprofen for me in the next couple of days. Ouch.

So, my first day back to a serious, goal-inspired program I become a casualty. C'est la vie. It's part of the story I guess.

Alright. Baby steps. That's what I'm taking. And just so you know, the damage is pretty severe from the past few months. I am at a whopping 202. I hope, hope, hope to be down 35 pounds by mid-May. That's the plan. Hope. Pray. Excercise.

I'm off to run a quick errand before I lay my head down tonight. Sleep tight all. I've missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment