Wednesday, October 21, 2009

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!


Yep. That was the sound that could be heard for miles this morning. The sound coming from my bathroom when I got on the scale. My weight, in spite of being on track and actually getting going again on my exercise, WENT UP! Two pounds!!! I seriously almost died.

Do I understand? No. Am I frustrated? Yes. I had to take a long, hard look at what I did this week, and I am certain that my weight should be going down. However, I am equally certain that stress plays a major role in what our bodies do with calories and weight loss. And since my week was extraordinarily stressful - the last 7 days actually - I have to believe that my body is dealing with it by hanging on for dear life to whatever calories I put in there. I'm not sure of the dynamics in all of this, but I guess I have read about it and heard about it enough to know that its true.

I don't intend to throw in the towel when I am motivated the way I am today. Every day that I wake up motivated is a good day. And I will take advantage of ANY advantage that comes my way in this battle. I intend to win it.

Thought I would mention too that I got a GREAT inspirational email from my brother today. He lost 60 pounds and has kept it off for 4 years. I'm not going to pass on the whole thing, but I will tell you two of the gems he sent me way. First, exercise genuinely IS the key to weight loss. And second, "it's just a number." Both of these will get me looking great and concentrating how I feel instead of how the scale makes me feel. And it tells me I have to get busier, busier, busier at the gym or elsewhere to burn those calories and build that muscle.

Okay. There is it for today. It's nice to be back. I'm busy for a couple of days, but I'll be back sooner than later. Until then, I will pray for you, and you pray for me? Okie dokie? Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment