Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waiting To See

Chello all! What a busy couple of days this has been! I have stayed on track for a full week. I started blogging again after the start, but I have had so many false starts over the last year or so that I had make sure it was real. And it is. I am back in rare form.

So one week ago, on March 21, was my official "restart" -- motivated in part by my sister's 12 pound loss over the course of a month that included a vacation in AZ. Can you say jealous? Well I can. And I was. And then she told me she called Jenny. As in, Jenny Craig. She joined to make herself accountable. It was a bit pricey, but she thought it was worth it. And then she showed me the little 'extra' they give to their enrollees. It's called BodyMedia. It's a little unit that you wear in an armband on your upper left arm. It tracks the calories you burn, your levels of activity, the time of activity, the efficiency of your sleep and the number of your steps. You sync it online and enter the foods and calories you consume during the course of the day. NOW I was jealous. I wanted one. BAD. And here's the clincher: if I join because of my sis, my cost is 1/2 price. The unit sells retail for $275+, and then you pay a subscription fee. With Jenny, I could have the unit, free subscription, a week's worth of food and accountability for price of the unit. Still super expensive, but I was in.

So off we went to Jenny to get my BodyMedia.... I mean, sign me up. Honestly, I was not interested in the food part of it. I don't want to buy 21 meals and 21 snacks every week. Just give me the little armband thingy and I am fine. Off I go.

And then something interesting happened. I thought it might be good for me to weigh in every week. And then I started to think that since the food for the first week was included, I might try that too. And guess what? The food is really good. It's not Nutrisystems. I have tried that. And there are definitely items I don't like. But there are more that I do. And more than once over the past week I have been starving when I got home, and was thrilled to know that my very low calorie meal was only 4 minutes away. I could get used to that

But I also made one of my Herbalife protein shakes during the week, and realized how much I missed them. YUM! So perhaps I will balance the two, giving in to my need for Jenny Craig Macaroni and Cheese but also indulging in the shakes I love so much. Either way, I am back at 12oo calories.

OH!!!! And my scale ran out of battery. I have rectified that situation, so I'll give you my weight after I get on tomorrow. Busy. Wow, wow, wow. So I'll let you know about my exercise when I come back too.

In the meantime -- notice the email enrollment up in the corner? You can have my blog sent to your email address if you want. Cool beans. God Bless y'all! Sleep tight.

1 comment:

  1. You are inspiring! Can I sign up for half price too? And the email thing works great. That's how I knew you had posted. Way cool!!

    ReplyDelete