Sunday, April 17, 2011

204.4


I am seriously on a roll!!!! What a thrill. Sometimes there are no words to describe what it feels like when you get on the scale and see a really nice drop. And I am quite sure that it's all due to John Paul II. I know, you're asking how that can be. Well I'll tell you.

Pope John Paul II has been one of my personal heroes for almost thirteen years. I have a running list of people I admire, but this man has had more impact on me than I could ever begin to tell you. And I wanted more than anything in the world to meet this man. In fact I prayed for many years that God would work it out that I could meet him. And of course, I really wanted that to be while we were still on earth. So when he passed away at the age of 84 on April 2, 2005, I was genuinely and sincerely devastated. It was like losing a second father.

When I started my weight loss journey, I started a novena to John Paul. A novena is a prayer you say for 9 days. And for nine days in a row I had a little visit with John Paul II. I asked him to ask Jesus to help me stay motivated, to keep exercising, and to see quick results. In particular, I really wanted to see the 190's by Easter.

When I saw the scale results this week and last week, I knew he was doing what I asked. It is now a reality that I could be under 200 by Easter. Granted, it might be on my home scale and not the Jenny Craig scale, but when I started the novena I was thinking that's the scale I would be using anyway. Unbelievable. And then I got a REALLY miraculous surprise. The Catholic Church announced the day of JPII"s annual feast day (the day we celebrate his life on earth and in the church). And guess what???? It's MY BIRTHDAY! I seriously know that it was a little message from him, telling me that he will be watching out for me my whole life, in every way. We are connected by time and space. I'm just going to have a wait a little bit to see him.

So. That's my little inspirational story for today, which is Sunday. A good story if I say so myself. But, I never got around to telling you about the food last week, so I will do that in the next couple of days. Until then, happy meals, happy days and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment